Are you looking for a franchising opportunity that requires a modest investment amount, lets you work from home, and is simple and easy to get started? Do you enjoy interacting face-to-face with customers, figuring out how to turn a “no” into a “yes” opportunity, and achieving sales success? If you’re nodding your head “yes”, then you’ve come to the right place.
|Total Units (Worldwide)||12|
|Total Units (Canada)||12|
|Total Units (Quebec)|
Postcard Portables is a signage company specializing in mini-billboards. This highly affordable media is sought after by companies, universities, and organizations to promote sales, events, and much more.
Postcard Portables transformed out-of-home advertising with the invention of the mini-billboard. This highly affordable media is sought after by companies, universities, and organizations to promote sales, events, and much more. We started our first location in Regina and expanded throughout Canada. Today, Postcard Portables also offers businesses a wide variety of signage and print solutions. Our customers love that we are local and provide them with unparalleled service.
Here are some reasons why entrepreneurs decide it’s time to sign with us.
- Low Investment Costs, Royalty Fees and Overhead. You need a modest investment amount compared to other franchise opportunities and only need 1 to 2 people to grow and manage your home-based business.
- Quick Start-Up. You will be ready to run your own business approximately 60 to 90 days after signing the franchise agreement.
- Unlimited Potential in a Growth Industry. Our industry has experienced year-over-year growth. We have exclusive territory rights available and excellent profit margins. Bottom line, the more signs and business solutions you sell, the more you make.
- A Respected Brand with High Customer Loyalty. We revolutionized the industry by introducing mini-billboards and quickly became the go-to company that small businesses and large corporations alike seek for professional portable signage and unmatched customer service.
- Support Systems. We’ve got you covered with 24/7 product support and franchise assistance, as well as a stellar in-house graphic design team and production personnel.
- Financial Freedom. We saved the best reason for last! You are your own boss. You control your schedule. Our “work hard play hard” business model provides you with flexibility to spend time with family and do other activities you love.
The Steps to Financial Freedom
At Postcard Portables, we strive to make the process of becoming a franchisee as simple as the business itself. We recognize that considering a franchise opportunity is a life-changing commitment. Here is an outline of the step-by-step process to get you on the road to financial freedom.
- You complete the "Request free information" form.
- We contact you to answer questions and provide basic franchise information.
- We schedule a formal phone interview.
- You complete the Franchise Application and Confidentiality Agreement forms.
- We send you the Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD), review it with you, and decide if it’s still a good fit for you.
- You provide proof of financing and final documentation.
- We award you a Postcard Portables franchise.
Once you are awarded your franchise, we train you on all aspects of our business in Regina, Saskatchewan. You’ll work with our team to learn our processes, and you will shadow existing franchise operations to see how the daily activities are performed. We then deliver materials and inventory to your home territory and you receive a site visit from our President. We will be there to provide ongoing franchise support as you start up, with regular calls and as-needed access to our corporate team. We do everything in our power to prepare you to run your own business and achieve financial freedom!
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to have a graphics or technology background, or sales experience?
Our franchisees have a wide range of former backgrounds from working on a farm to doing corporate accounting to selling liquor to owning a book store. Some have sales experience and some don’t, but they all have several factors in common that make them successful. They enjoy interacting face-to-face with their customers, figuring out how to turn a “no” into a “yes” opportunity, and achieving sales success. And our tried and true training program focuses on the sales process including prospecting, presentation, negotiations, closing and follow-up.
What does a typical day look like for a new franchisee?
The morning is the best time for what we call “sacred selling” where you spend the first three hours of your day going out and talking to businesses in your community, letting them know who you are, what you do, and how you are able to help them advertise and promote. Face-to-face sales and cold calling are daily musts for at least the first few years until you have enough signs on the street to establish yourself as the go-to company in your market. A typical afternoon is spent working on additional sales calls by arranging meetings with people who weren’t in when you stopped by the first time or emailing prospects, posting decals, delivering and installing signs, picking up signs, writing contracts for sold customers, emailing graphic design work-orders to our design team, and performing customer follow-up. There is always plenty to do- especially if you are working alone initially.
What kind of training does Postcard Portables initially provide?
We have a two-pronged approach to set you up for success on your road to financial freedom. First, we provide you with extensive training customized to your level of experience at our corporate office in Regina, Saskatchewan. You are trained on all aspects of our business for 4 to 5 days. Once the initial inventory and materials you ordered arrives, our President and Operations Manager personally visit you to provide additional training and help with your grand opening launch. Then, you are ready to go.
What support will I receive going forward?
Our corporate staff has your back 24/7 to assist you with design, production, collections, bylaws, permits, training, inventory management, and any other requests. Our stellar graphic design team exclusively supports you with a quick turnaround time and professionalism that is second to none. Our production staff assists you when you are first learning the business, and is always happy to help you understand the benefits of the various products we offer.
What is the royalty and advertising fee structure?
The royalty fee is based on a floating scale over the term of the agreement, starting at 5% of sales or $250 CAD/month, whichever is greater. The advertising fee is 2% of sales.
We have immediate franchise openings available in:
Thunder Bay, ON
North Bay, ON
St. Thomas, ON
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Moose Jaw, SK
Cape Breton, NS
St. John, NL
We also have other locations available across Canada. Please fill out the "Request free information" form to let us know which market(s) you are interested in.